Bible Will I Find:
The Necessity Of Confession Of Faith
By: Gary Colley
Some today do not believe in the importance of confession of faith in Christ. they talk about faith, repentance, and some mention baptism, but confession is not mentioned. We wonder why? Though the Bible makes it mandatory for salvation, some think it is unimportant for one to make the good confession before men with their mouth to be saved. The confession of faith in Christ has always been a trial of faith and sometimes of the severest kind! Confession is the dividing line between the world and the church of Christ. Confession is the dividing line then between darkness and the kingdom of light. We suggest that all open the Bible to study eight links in proof of the need of confession for salvation.
1. All must confess Jesus Christ here to be confessed before the Father by Jesus Christ
EIGHT LINKS IN PROOF OF THE NEED OF CONFESSION FOR SALVATION
2. Jesus said that the confession that He was the Son of God was the rock upon which He
would build His church (Matthew 16:15-18).
3. When some found the teaching of Jesus "hard" and departed from the Lord, Jesus asked His
apostles if they were leaving also, but they confessed that He was the only Son of God
4. Martha confessed Jesus as "the Son of God, which should come into the world" (John 11:27).
5. Paul stated that Timothy had made the good confession before many witnesses
(I Timothy 6:12).
6. The Ethiopian eunuch had to make the confession that Jesus was the Christ before being allowed to be baptized. He did not confess "I believe I am already saved before baptism" (Acts 8:37)!
7. Belief in the heart, and confession with the mouth that Jesus is the Christ are both "unto" salvation (Romans 10:9-10). Baptism is "into" Christ (Romans 6:3-4).
8. The good confession that Jesus is the Christ, excludes many and those are the Pagans, the Jews, the Muslims, the Atheists, the Deists, and the Infidels, all of which refuse to confess Jesus as the Christ! It is also true that the good confession excludes the one who makes the unscriptural
confession, "I believe that God for Christ's sake has already pardoned my sins." Have you made the good confession with your mouth, and before men, and been baptized into Christ? We urge you to do so today! One moment after death there will be no more Atheists, Infidels, etc.! Please read Philippians 2:9-11, to learn why this is true!