Bible Will I Find:
That Illicit Sexual
By: Gary Colley
One of the most prevalent sin problems of our day is illicit sexual relations! It is reportedly being practiced from the White House of our nation, down to those who are "homeless." The first two words in the inspired list of "works of the flesh," as given by Paul to the Galatian church, are "Adultery, fornication" (Galatians 5:19). Another listing of sins is given to the Corinthians, in which again mention is made of "fornicators . . . adulterers" and it is said that they will "not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9, I Corinthians 7:2-5). Adultery means illicit sexual relations with one who is not your marriage partner. Fornication however, covers any illicit sexual activity outside of marriage, whether with another male or female, bestiality, or homosexuality. The Divine answer to overcoming these sins is marriage (Hebrews 13:4). Fornication and adultery are both mentioned and forbidden by Jesus in His law on marriage, divorce, and remarriage (Matthew 19:9).
1. It is against God's Word (I Thessalonians 4:3).
WHY SEXUAL RELATIONS ARE WRONG OUTSIDEOF MARRIAGE?
2. It is a sin of prostitution against ones own body (I Corinthians 6:13-20, Proverbs 5:18-20).
3. It is a sin of exploitation against the one with whom it is committed (Matthew 5:32).
4. It is a sin against society, breaking down the home made by god, the foundation of
society (Matthew 19:4-6).
5. It is a sin against our soul (Proverbs 6:32).
6. It is a sin which brings guilt against our conscience (Psalm 32:1-5).
It is the will of God that each one keep his body pure (I Thessalonians 4:3-8). The Bible says "flee fornication" (I Corinthians 6:18). Of course, this forbids premarital sex under any circumstance! Fornication is the only scriptural reason for divorce and remarriage (Matthew 19:9). ". . . Keep thyself pure" (I Timothy 5:22).